28-31 October 2013 in Aarhus, Denmark
Play the Game 2013 is the eighth Play the Game conference, and over the years the conferences have addressed a vast number of issues of critical importance for world sports. The title of this year’s conference is ‘stepping up for democracy in sport’ and again this year, the conference themes reflect some of the major issues in sports today and give a peek into sport’s future.
Main themes for Play the Game 2013
- Match-fixing: Fair game for gangsters?
- Sports reforms: Fact or phantom?
- The anti-doping dilemma: Saving sport, sacrificing athletes?
- Recreational sport: A lost cause for sports organisations?
- Sports facilities: Who are we building for?
- From Russia to Rio: Power games or people’s games?
- Open forum
More information and subscriptions: https://www.playthegame.org